Helping your kid develop and hone in on a particular skill is one of the rigors and joys of parenting. You have to keep a gentle watch on your ward(s) while encouraging them to be productive with their time to ensure their sustainability and development into productive adults.
While several play toys are designed to develop your child’s mental health and distract them from other forms of unsafe trouble, we have a review of the best baby and toddler drum sets that your kids will surely love you for. These sets will help to build skill and impart knowledge while creating higher limb reaction rates and flexibility in your adorable wonder(s)!
- Top 9 Best Baby And Toddler Drum Sets In 2019 Reviews
- 1 Remo Kids Hand Drum Set With Mallets
- 2 B. Toys – B. Drumroll – Toy Drum Set
- 3 Remo Kd-5080-01 Kids Percussion Floor Tom Drum
- 4 Wolvol Electric Big Toy Drum Set For Kids
- 5 Schylling Td Tin Drum
- 6 Remo Et-7106-00 Kids Percussion Lollipop Drum
- 7 Plantoys Solid Drum
- 8 Vtech Kidibeats Drum Set
- 9 Bright Starts Light & Learn Drum
- Best Baby And Toddler Drum Set Buying Guide
- So, What's The Best Baby And Toddler Drum Sets?
Entertainment and fun…
Getting your children involved in playing drums is quite beneficial. The entertainment and fun factor is one benefit. Watching your infant or toddler dance to the beat of their own drum will sure make you all smiley and happy. It is also a great way to channel your child’s pent up energy in a safe and positive way.
If it then turns out that your kid likes playing the drums from their tender age, being kids, they can easily boost confidence and might seek a professional career in drumming as time goes on.
Like language, skills learned at younger ages give the learner much more proficiency over that skill than those acquired at older ages. Exploiting this opportunity is not at a bad idea.
While full-sized drums would be relatively more expensive and are not of suitable size for your kids, luckily, there are a few brands that make drum sets just for your children’s pleasure. Uniquely built to be extremely engaging, this is one pack you shouldn’t skip on your checklist of kids purchases.
Indeed, picking the most suitable in view of the personality and age of your kid can be challenging; hence we have compiled this handy guide for you.
There are odds that you have never drummed in your life. Therefore, you are clueless about the sort of drum set that would be just right for your child. To lower the amount of time spent scouting for scattered details about a suitable baby and toddler drum sets, we’ve reviewed the best kids drum sets on the market.
Simply go through this review to see which might be just right for your little ones…
Top 9 Best Baby And Toddler Drum Sets In 2019 Reviews
1 Remo Kids Hand Drum Set With Mallets
The Remo Kids Hand Drum Set is a drum set suitable for kids aged 5 years and above. This pack features five hand drums (6-inch x 1-inch, 8-inch x 1 inch, 10-inch x 1-inch, 12-inch x 1-inch, 14-inch x 1-inch) and five beat mallets. All drum sizes are slightly varied, and each has a slightly different ring to their tone.
These features keep children engaged as they generally tend to lose interest if they are constantly offered a similar item with the same sound.
So, what’s included…
While the tag “kids drum” may leave you assuming you are buying a toy, you just might be wrong with this set from Remo. Each drum set is covered with Fiberskyn Skyndeep: the same material used on the top of top-of-the-line professional drums. Children that get used to this professional ring won’t have any problem adjusting to bigger, professional sets if they wish to later on.
A vibrant rainforest finish…
Aside from the fun, rich and vibrant tone this pack brings you, a lot of detail is incorporated into its design. They each feature an Acousticon shell that has a vibrant rainforest finish. Each mallet has a rainbow-colored head likewise. This great design and choice of colors make it very attractive to young and old alike.
Due to its overall efficiency and design, it makes for a great choice for use in recreational and classroom settings. Children love music, and the Remo kids does not water down on ability and provides great music to all who beat this drum with its mallet!
- The different ring to each drum is engaging.
- Professional Fiberskyn Skyndeep heads are used.
- Nice design and blend of colors.
- The set makes it ideal for group practice.
- Only one piece of the set can be used by a child per time.
- The resonance and overtone produced by the drums need improvement.
2 B. Toys – B. Drumroll – Toy Drum Set
The B. toys drum roll set as is their mantra: “B (be) you” is a set specifically designed to connect to your child’s potential. This drum set features 7 percussion instruments to offer variation and open up your kids to a world of new sounds.
A complete orchestra of sounds…
This main player in this set is designed as the big drum usually hung around the neck of a playing band member. This portable parade has 6 toy musical instruments to make for a complete orchestra of sounds. The possibilities of sound mixes with this product are endless, so your kid will not get bored or tired of playing and practicing.
This portable band-drum is built to be sturdy. With its toddler-proof construction, your children should not be able to break it either on purpose or by dropping it. This musical instrument set is surprisingly baby safe.
While also suitable for use with older kids, it features only safe-to-use-for-kids materials in its manufacture and does not have any parts that could be mistakenly swallowed or are sharp enough to hurt very young kids.
This toddler and baby drum toy play set features in each pack 1 toy drum, 1 tambourine, 1 whistle toy, 2 rappity drumsticks, 1 shaka-shake egg and 1 stick with castanets (clackers). Each one of these can be stowed in the drum when not in immediate use, so no component gets lost.
These combination kits make this product unique in helping much older kids get funky enough to create their own music. All items used in its construction are recyclable.
And, on top of all that…
For every piece of the B. toys you buy, a percentage is donated to charity!
- Several playing components bring variety to the table.
- Designed not to tire your kids out or bore them.
- Features a sturdy, toddler proof construction.
- Safe for use by kids of all ages.
- Efficient stow-ability in the main drum to avoid component losses.
- Is unique enough for both old and young kids to use and enjoy.
- Each purchased unit ensures a charitable donation.
- Fully recyclable.
- Very durable.
- The kits in this pack teach individual coordination and not collective.
3 Remo Kd-5080-01 Kids Percussion Floor Tom Drum
The Remo KD-5080-01 Floor Tom Drum is more of a grassroots drum. It is a ten-inch diameter wide form of the earliest drum-type known to man. The only difference is that it comes in a great design and colors, has two proper drumsticks, and is not covered in animal skin.
So, what do you get with this product?
You get an interactive drum that sounds slightly different when hit in different ways. These slight variations open up a world of possibilities as your child gets to learn rhythmic patterns and study how to combine them.
Strength, weather-resistance, and reduced weight…
The drum is made using high quality and professional grade Acousticon material. This allows for higher projection with a harder hit and gives enhanced low-pitched fundamentals. Added benefits of using this material are strength, weather-resistance and reduced weight.
The drum head is made with professional grade quality Fiberskyn which account for the warm, full tones, with plenty of resonance. This perfect rhythm maker will also do just fine when beaten using your hands, with mallets, or with sticks. Its ground floor design gives the opportunity for practice and round-table rhythm sessions with the kids.
- Original grassroots drum design.
- Nice coloration.
- Provides professional drum sounds.
- Unique variations in sounds open up a world of learning for your kid.
- Made with high-quality professional-grade materials.
- All-weather resistant.
- Lightweight for your kid to carry conveniently yet extremely durable.
- Multiple use choices (included sticks, mallet, or hands).
- Floor design allows for group practice and fun.
- Its chemical design makes it unsafe to be used by kids 3 years or younger.
4 Wolvol Electric Big Toy Drum Set For Kids
The WolVol Electric Toy Drum Set manufacturers sure have a different definition of the word toy. By making a complete replica for kids of a professional drum set and including it with a functioning microphone. If this product was any larger, musical artists might just start to patronize its purchase for professional stage use.
But, what does it offer you?
As mentioned, you get a complete drum kit with a microphone. Also included are a chair, drum sticks, a cymbal, and a kick-drum pedal. It also comes with a volume option to turn up the heat or tune it down.
Light up the show…
This drum set is set up with several bright shining lights that attract kids and encourage them to play. These lights come in a variety of shapes and colors which open up an interactive learning opportunity between your kid and you.
Better develop their motor skills…
The complete, versatile setup of the drum is such that it improves your kid’s general body coordination. Using this drum set will help them better develop their motor skills whilst improving their attention span and memory.
Preinstalled beats, songs, and melodies…
This product comes in a great box that makes it a great gift item. Each drum set kit comes with preinstalled beats, songs, and melodies in the event that your child wants to sing or just listen to some tunes.
While this option is available, your child can always easily switch over to manual controls and beat the drum according to their heart’s desire!
- Features the components of a drum set.
- Colorful lights to encourage continuous play and practice.
- Improves your kid’s coordination and general attention span.
- Its nice box makes for a great gift!
- Comes with pre-installed beats and melodies for your child’s pleasure and aspiration-goals.
- It is not designed to withstand extreme use.
5 Schylling Td Tin Drum
Most of us had non-electronic childhoods, and this product does a good job of relating old fun to newer times. Sporting a simple design, its capabilities are well worth considering.
Designed as a marching band-type drum featuring an adjustable neck strap and two 6-inch wooden drumsticks, this drum is literarily made of tin and plastic!
What else do you get with this classic?
You get to develop a strong bandleader in your child who has to learn to create unity in rhythm. This opens up a critical learning feature that, if mastered, remains a skill-for-life for your child. The neck strap is detachable to allow for the drum to be used in different ways.
This drum has bouncing pieces inside it that resonate and bounce to add tune to the playing effect. Rated as an age three and up, it does not contain any harmful materials so you should be comfortable when you kids play with this tin drum.
We’ll end with the slogan from the tin drums head: this drum “ensures that the music will move with your Kids future”!
- The classic design allows for more critical thinking on how to make it sound right.
- Hardy components.
- Features an adjustable, removable neck strap.
- Bouncing pieces in the drum add to the musical effect.
- The drumsticks are small in relation to the drum’s size.
- The initial resonance makes some kids give up on drumming a few days into its use.
- The old materials used in its manufacture do not go down well with some people.
6 Remo Et-7106-00 Kids Percussion Lollipop Drum
The Remo ET-7106-00 Kids Percussion Lollipop Drum is a kids drum that features a unique and interesting design. Its clap-type design allows for precision beats on each color of its lollipop-design frame. This several-pattern colored drum face makes a slightly different warm, resonant sound when hit on different sides; all colored differently.
This drum helps improve hand-eye coordination in children and is a serious fun toy for kids young and old, and adults alike.
Bare hands or the included mallet…
This drum is surprisingly easy to play and adapt to and is a nice stepping-stone drum to more advanced drum types. This pre-tuned graphic drum can be played with bare hands or the included mallet. It is great for use in classrooms or for recreational purpose.
A better fit…
It comes in 6-inch, 8-inch, and 10-inch sizes to make a better fit for your child depending on their age.
- Creative easy to use design.
- Most suitable for first timers, which your kid most likely is.
- Improves hand-eye coordination.
- Can be played with hands or the included mallet.
- Different size variations to pick from.
- The soft mallet head makes for an easy chew toy for kids.
- The design is not relative to any professional drum-type designs your child might want to advance onto.
7 Plantoys Solid Drum
The PlanToys Solid Drum is a creative drum that is similar to ancient patterned all-wooden carved drums. This drum provides a creative way for your kids to connect to drumming and tapping patterns to get their rhythms down.
A tympani-like drum…
Been a pretty basic design, your child has to learn to hit different parts of this drum to get different resonances and notes. It is a great item for teaching rhythm and music. This tympani-like drum with a drumstick is designed to develop your child’s spatial perception and fine-tune their motor skills.
Stress relief for adults thrown in…
It is a great option at introducing children to the joys of making music due to its simple yet holistic design. It’s suitable for kids of all ages and is also recommended to be played by adults once in a while to relieve stress.
It is not hard on the soft hands of a kid, and the drumstick has a rubber head to soften the sound if your child prefers to use that option. The drum has an overall pleasant and melodic sound and as such is a great choice for your baby, toddler, and you!
- Basic, creative design.
- Is suitable for kids of all ages.
- Can be played with hands or with the included drum stick.
- It resonates only higher pitched sounds.
- The wooden drum surface does not hurt your little ones tender hands.
- Different spot rhythms encourage further play and open up more learning opportunity.
- It helps your child develop better spatial perception and fine-tune their motor skills.
- Only one stick is included in the item box with no option for an extra.
- It’s one size design is not good for kids with different hand sizes and of different ages.
- The single stick tends to fall apart after a while.
8 Vtech Kidibeats Drum Set
While the VTech KidiBeats Drum Set has been rated for use by kids between 2 and 5 years old, don’t be surprised if you join the hoards of other parents who buy an extra set for their much older kids, and even one for themselves.
What does this mini machine do?
The KidiBeats Drum Set comes pre-installed with twenty-five sounds and melodies. These patterned musicals are learning tools as they teach your child letters, phonics, counting, memory and music through practice.
How? Details on that later…
Each drum head in this drum kit has internal lights that serve as a cue to teach different drumming patterns to your child. These each have embedded sensors that enable them to move to the next lighting sequence when your kid strikes right. This sure is bound to make your kid a great performer!
Also included are play along built-in melodies in a variety of styles. These include genres such as rock, dance, and pop that your kid has to complete a drum sequence with. This musical creativity mode also has a freestyle option for your kid to enjoy his own sounds and playing.
More juicy details?
There are four play modes – free play, letters, numbers and follow along – three of which are learning modes. The learning modes: letters, numbers and follow along uses the LED light sequence in each drum head to encourage drumming while setting markers by using educational values such as letters and numbers.
This is a fun and interactive way of learning!
And, it doesn’t end there…
Each drum pad and cymbal in the KidiBeats Drum Set has its own unique sound for sensory development. And, it comes with two real-feel drum sticks to make your child feel like a real drummer. The 3-AAA batteries required for its instant setup and use are included in the pack.
- Opens a world of serious fun-based learning for your kid.
- Patterned follow on feature is great in helping teach your child to drum.
- Sensored lights are a great marker that helps the drum keep in touch with your child’s progress.
- Cue light patterns help your child “follow the lights” to improve their skill.
- Features different drum genres.
- Teaches numbers and the alphabet.
- Different drum head sounds help improve sensory development.
- Included batteries for instant setup and use.
- The batteries included are non-rechargeable even though the company recommends a rechargeable pair.
- Kids usually need adult assistance in switching between modes.
9 Bright Starts Light & Learn Drum
The Bright Starts is a baby drum with an amazing feature: it shows kids their beautiful faces through its reflective drum skin. This mostly always generates a smile in your baby who then keeps hitting the drums face thereby developing their cradle skills.
This drum features a light-and-learn pattern. Each tap (internal sensor activated) brings on a different light pattern and as your kid will want more lights, be ready for an immersive and engaging experience between your child and their Bright Starts.
Even better, this light pattern turns into a light show of creative patterns that will never cease to impress your baby. It also features a music sequence that will leave your baby nodding in approval.
The best part?
This mini drum features an early learning sequence.
It teaches numbers and colors in a count along per beat mode and in its color pronunciation per color change mode. This is a sure way to start the learning of simple school-taught basics in your youngster.
Thanks to its easy-to-hold handle, it is simple to carry and move to a different location that might better suit your baby allowing him/her to drum up the joy wherever, while providing hours and hours of fun-based learning!
- Reflective drum skin is a great feature for babies.
- The light and learn pattern is an excellent way to learn.
- Creates an immersive experience.
- Features sensors to track each beat and generate the relevant response.
- Numbers and colors learning sequence.
- Batteries not included.
- The sensors tend to break when hit by an adult, which is not uncommon for a parent or older friend to do.
Best Baby And Toddler Drum Set Buying Guide
While buying a drum set for your kid might seem like a relatively simple deal, there are quite a number of things you should consider before making your final decision.
We have listed them for you…
Size And Design
The size should be a match with your child’s physical specifications. Larger or smaller generally make for an uncomfortable experience. Check the product dimensions or recommended age range to have an idea of the units’ compatibility for your child. The design and color should also be one that your kids will love so they will be interested in their new drum set!
Several learning modes are featured with various drum sets. They are targeted at basic, intermediate and expert drummer kids. Choose whatever suits your kids current level. As a general fit though, you should also look out for options such as number and alphabet learning, musical lights, and drum sequence learning that will further engage your child.
You should look at safety for every item you buy for your children. Some drum sets have small chewable parts. You should carefully read through the product material details to pick one that is safe and harmless to your child.
Several sets are not suitable for use by children of certain ages because they contain harmful-to-kids chemicals. Others with small parts could be mistakenly ingested by children.
This is important as you would not like to have your kid disappointed by a broken drum set just when they are starting to warm up to its use.
Also Read: Best In Ear Monitors For Drummers