Your music equipment is powered by electricity. Because of this, the need to constantly protect it from a power surge and fluctuations is a must.
Most often, the chronic problem faced by many musicians come from unstable electrical distribution. Also, noise interference can harm your sound.
So why does a power conditioner matter? It’s because of the simple way it protects your equipment from damage. Often associated with AVRs, a power conditioner supplies the correct voltage.
It also improves power quality, and suppresses noise interference. It also acts as a power factor corrector protecting instruments from surges, spikes, and frequency irregularities.
Top 10 Best Power Conditioners On The Market 2019 Reviews
So, we created a list of the Top 10 Best Power Conditioners out in the market to help you select the appropriate tools for your instrument. While they have one basic use, some are equipped with additional features to help regulate your electrical supply.
1 Furman PST-8D Power Conditioner
The Furman PST-8D Power Conditioner has an excellent Linear Filtering. This helps reduce AC-line noise corruption. The results also provide you with improved sound and video quality. The power conditioner also features the Furman Series Multi-stage Protection (SMP). This generates a low-upkeep surge suppression. The Furman PST-8D has the full capacity to protect itself from severe power surges.
The Extreme Voltage Shutdown feature of the power conditioner protects your equipment from sudden power voltage increase. Because of this, it’s Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) effectively cancels noise from the starting AC Line loop delivering the perfect sound and quality video.
- Advanced Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown during over-voltage (137v up)
- Series Multi-stage Protection Plus (SMP+) AC surge suppression
- Zero ground contamination circuitry
- Telco connectors
- Satellite cable connectors
- Sturdy aluminum chassis
- Quality construction inside out
- 3-year limited warranty
- Designed and manufactured by the #1 professional power conditioner company.
- Also, it protects all instruments. This includes your home recording DJ equipment, instrument rigs, and home entertainment system.
- Cable, satellite, and Telco transient voltage suppression ready.
- Effectively cancels unwanted noise from your audio and video system.
- Best value with an extremely functional set of features
- The power conditioner is large, heavy, and bulky.
- No ground or wiring alert error.
- The phone line surge protector only accommodates two extremely thin lines.
2 Panamax MR4300 9-Outlet Home Theatre Power Management
The Panamax MR4300 protects and filters incoming power with its highest standard AVM circuitry. The power conditioning and surge protector equipment has nine outlets. In turn, this helps you maintain electricity integrity. It protects your home theatre system. The Panamax MR4300 is designed and engineered to improve the sound and picture quality of home theatre. It does this with Level 3 Noise Filtration, Isolated Linear Filter system, and High Current outlets.
Furthermore, the power surge protection and conditioning unit also have an autonomous and automatic voltage reconnection. This helps when electrical supply returns to normal levels. The unit also has nine protected outlets, a pair of RJ-45 and RJ-11 connectors, and a universal CATV and Satellite connectors.
- Nine outlets filtered and protected
- Exclusive Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM)
- Leading Protect/Disconnect Technology
- Panamax Level 3 Noise Filtration
- Equipment damage protection against power surges, spikes, fluctuations, and interruptions.
- Lifetime Product Warranty
- $5M Limited Lifetime Connected Equipment Protection Policy
- Manufactured by the industry leader in AV equipment protection.
- Great looking power conditioner.
- Provides a clean power output.
- Includes a functional lighting system when running to provide added aesthetics.
- Compact size
- Great online reviews
- High-priced surge protector and power conditioner.
- Does not dim completely adding to the distraction.
- Purchase from authorized resellers to take advantage of the warranty protection.
3 Furman PL-PLUS DMC Power Conditioner
The Furman PL-PLUS DMC is a next-generation power conditioner from Furman’s line of legendary 15amps. Because of this, the unit features some of the most exclusive elements that make Furman products some of the best power conditioners in the industry. The Furman PL-PLUS DMC has the Series Multi-stage Protection Plus (SMP+), and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) feature. It also features the Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) providing you with the best equipment protection.
The power conditioner also has a voltmeter and ammeter for measuring device voltage and running electric current. The diagnostic lights on the front panel allow you to gauge the unit for proper functioning.
- The Furman Series Multi-stage Protection Plus (SMP+)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS)
- Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT)
- Two retractable multi-LED and dimmable pull-out lamps
- Spike Protection Mode with Zero ground leakage and line to neutral connection.
- One nanosecond response time
- Widely spaced outlets
- Rear panel BNC connectors
- Isolated outlet banks to prevent noise contamination and inter-component interference.
- LED status indicator
- 15amp rating
- 5-year limited warranty
- Plenty of outlets
- Incorporates a dual light display for illuminating equipment
- Heavy-duty cords
- Good quality product at an excellent price.
- Has a volt and amp meter
- Eliminates an estimated 60Hz of hums from your equipment
- Doesn’t quite eliminate any buzzing problems from your gear.
- Some observed the unit to create buzzing sounds reminiscent of angry bees.
- The LED windows add to the price of the unit and function less of an indicator light.
4 Furman M-8X AR Power Conditioner
Another entry from the Furman line, the M-8X AR ensures your AV equipment gets protected from unstable voltage levels. All you need to do is plug the unit into a 15amp power outlet, and the power conditioner instantly stabilizes the voltage into a 120V (+/-5) steady current.
On top of providing you with a stable wire connection, the Furman M-8X AR includes some of the best features from the Furman line including the Auto-shutdown EVS detail. This wonderful feature can save you thousands of dollars on repair because the Furman M-8X AR automatically shuts down the power outlet during power instabilities.
- Consistent 120-volt electric output (+/-5V)
- 8-tap toroidal auto-formers
- Eight power outlets at the back and one in front
- 15-amp output capacity
- 10-LED Input Voltage meter bar-graph
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown
- LED indicator for the EVS system
- Regulation indicator for I/O
- Low stray leakage for its magnetic fields
- Status lights and incoming voltage LED displays
- The auto-shutdown feature saves you from thousands of dollars of repairs.
- Inexpensive power conditioner and voltage regulator
- Fully protects your prized and sensitive equipment.
- Helps fix sound problems made by old wiring and portable generators.
- May cause audio interference on some electronic and computer device.
- Only has a 30-day warranty.
5 Furman AC-215A Compact Power Conditioner
The Furman AC-215A power conditioner features the exclusive auto-resetting voltage protection only found in this series. The unit also has a compact surface mounting hardware which can easily fit anywhere near your AV equipment. As with every other Furman power conditioner, this unit also has the Series Multi-stage Protection (SMP) and the Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT).
What makes the Furman AC-215A above cut is its compact and streamlined design coupled with extra features like the Auto-resetting Voltage Protection integrated into the system. The package also includes brackets for mounting your AC-215A behind your plasma screens, projector, or LCD equipment.
- The exclusive SMP Technology
- Linear AC power filtering LiFT technology
- Operational status LED indicators
- 10-amp rating
- Zero-ground contamination circuitry
- Compact and streamlined chassis
- Trusted EVS and overvoltage circuitry
- Auto-Resetting Voltage Protection
- cTUVus compliance
- Sturdy, compact design.
- With a small chassis, the unit can be mounted anywhere behind your plasma screens, LCD, or projector.
- Automatic shutdown during protracted current over-charge (135v and above).
- Least expensive power conditioner from the Furman line.
- 3-year limited warranty
- Might cause slight hissing on your audio setup.
- Has only two outlets.
6 Furman Power Conditioner SS6B Power Strip
The Furman Power Conditioner SS6B has a 15-foot power cord. In turn, this gives you the versatility to move around when using your equipment. Because of this, the block also comes with a six-power outlet allowing you to use multiple gadgets at one time. The SS6B also comes with a heavy-duty metal constructed chassis for long-lasting longevity.
Although the strongest selling point of the product comes from its 15-foot cord, the unit lacks the famous features of Furman’s flagship products. It is a simple power surge and spike protector that comes with an EMI/RFI noise attenuation. Its black color is also ideal because it blends perfectly with the backdrop during your live onstage performances.
- Comes with six power outlets
- 15-foot power CDR
- Heavy-duty metal chassis
- On/Off switch illumination
- Circuit breaker
- EMI/RFI Noise attenuation
- Effective power surge protector
- Cheaply priced
- Quality-made outlets with a decent line filtering and power surge suppression system.
- Affordable power surge irregularity protection with a minimal design good for rehearsals and short gigs.
- Has long cords and comes with plentiful power outlets.
- Rugged construction and color conveniently camouflage with your background during performances.
- Includes a 3-year limited warranty
- No extra special features and comes with the surge and power spike protection and noise attenuation.
7 Furman PL-8C 15-amp Advanced Level Power Conditioning
The PL-8C power conditioner comes from Furman’s line of PL products. The unit is exactly what you need to safeguard the integrity of your valuable equipment. The power conditioner prevents gear damage caused by power spikes, sudden power surges, and current sags. The power conditioner is also equipped with technologies the manufacturer is known to produce.
Some of the essential features of the Furman PL-8C 15 amp include the revolutionary Series Mode Protection. This in turn depletes absorbed transient voltage. Also, the Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) system which prevents AC-line noises and stops unnecessary sounds from leaking. Finally, the Furman PF-8C is a 15-amp rating power conditioner with a built-in circuit breaker.
- Nine total outlets
- Isolated banks
- Dual dimmable LED retractable diagnostic lights
- BNC sockets with switch lamp connector
- Wall wart spacing
- The exclusive SMP surge and spike protection technology
- LiFT Noise Filtration
- 15-amp rating
- One nanosecond response time
- Spike Protection Mode
- Maximum Surge Currency (8x 6500amps)
- Noise Attenuation (max. @500 kHz)
- Durable and dependable power surge protector
- Effective noise reduction
- The BNC lights at the back add an extra lighting helpful for plugging cables.
- Helpful wall warts outlet spacing
- Does not just provide power protection, but boosts and upgrades sound from your AV system.
- Pricey model
- Cheap and flimsy looking backlights
8 Accell PowerSquid Surge Protector Power Strip
Unlike the conventional box-type power surge protectors, the Accell PowerSquid has an interesting squid-like appeal. It features five friendly adapter outlets delivering up to 1080 joules of surge protection. These power squids can accommodate five big transformer plugs helping deliver protection to your delicate electronics.
This power strip extends protection with its impressive outlet arms allowing you to attach every device possible. The device also has a built-in noise reduction filter fitted right within its small frame. Its flexible arms bend to any directional pull giving you an unhindered movement.
- 1080 joules surge protection
- heavy duty power cord
- Five transformer-friendly outlets
- Flexible arms for power plugs and transformer use
- Power conditioning
- Built-in Noise Reduction Filter technology
- 15 amp circuit breaker
- Safety testing – UL Listed
- 5-years Manufacturer Warranty
- The flexible arms allow you to move equipment to all directions without interrupting power supply.
- Packed with power compared to its relative size
- Versatile design allows you to attach several power plugs without getting in the way of other outlets.
- Heavy duty surge protector accommodating five-pronged devices at a time.
- Great power adapter for traveling.
- The main unit is bigger than advertised.
- Does not have an on and off switch.
9 Pyle PCO850 Power Supply Conditioner & Power Strip Surge Protector
The Pyle Power Supply Conditioner has an amazing nine outlets delivering an energy dissipation of about 150 joules. The unit also acts as a surge and spike protector. This gives you a stable supply of electrical power to prevent damage.
The power conditioner also has a built-in AC noise filtering system eliminating unwanted RFIs and EMIs. It has a 6-foot power cord and a push to reset circuit breaker in case of power failures and power adjustment resetting. The unit has an operating voltage of 115 volts at 60Hz.
- 15-Amp circuit breaker
- Built-in AC Noise Filters
- Universal Rack Mount Standard 1U size
- 1 Convenient Front Panel outlets
- 8 Rear Panel outlets
- High-quality aluminum front panel
- Steel chassis
- Push to reset the circuit breaker
- 15-amp rating
- Excellent power conditioner
- Improves AV performance with its built-in AC Noise Filter and RFI/EMI blocks.
- Great for organizing your power cords
- Cheap price yet sturdy unit.
- The front switch acts like a power cycle for connected gears.
- Not a good working surge protector
- LED is not that bright when the power conditioner is turned on.
- Short cables
10 APC J25B 8-Outlet J-Type Power Conditioner
Designed and manufactured by an industry giant, the APC J25B has all the necessary tools to protect your equipment against power damage. The unit runs on 865 watts of battery backup and helps eliminate interruptions when you are in the midst of doing something important. Also, the APC J25B has an Isolated Noise Filter Bank removing unwanted noise from your audio and video equipment.
Aside from being a great voltage regulator, the APC J25B has an LCD allowing you to see power conditions and changing units. Also, it comes with a 3-year product warranty and a lifetime equipment protection policy.
- Sleek and compact design
- Eight power outlets for the guaranteed surge and spike protection.
- 6x battery backup outlets
- LED Building Wiring Fault Indicator
- Also, battery failure warnings and disconnected battery notification
- Resettable circuit breaker
- Data Line-In protection
- Auto self-test
- Intelligent Battery Management
- Designed by an industry leader
- Display turns from blue to red during power disruptions
- Option to disable the auto alarm
- Provides a real-time status display.
- Compliments the style of your Home Theatre equipment.
- The unit is quite heavy.
- LED displays do not dim as advertised.
- The overall size might not fit in your TV stands.