You have some studio foams at home, a desk and maybe some comfy bean bags. But does that make it a complete home studio arrangement? No. You need a proper monitor mount for that. Not just any monitor stands, but the Best Studio Monitor Stands that will just create the right ambiance.
Furthermore, you might be thinking about where and how to get one. Just read on, to find the best solutions for your apartment or home space. However, that’s not all; this article will help you find a suitable monitor stand with features perfect for your home studio.
- Top 10 Best Studio Monitor Stands In 2020 Reviews
- 1 Ultimate Support MS-100B– Black
- 2 Ultimate Support MS-90/45B MS Series Professional Column Studio Monitor Stand
- 3 2300 Heavy Duty Speaker Stand With Easy Adjustable Features
- 4 DRPRO SMS1BK Studio Monitor Stand
- 5 Pangea Audio DS400 Speaker Stands
- 6 Definitive Technology ProStand 600/800 Floor Stands
- 7 SMS6000-P Studio Monitor Stands (Pair)
- 8 Gator Speaker Stand GFW-SPK-2000
- 9 Sanus Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
- 10 Atlantic Adjustable Height Speaker Stands
- Studio Monitor Stand Buying Guide
- A Final Word Of Advice
Top 10 Best Studio Monitor Stands In 2020 Reviews
1 Ultimate Support MS-100B– Black
The MS-100B Series Studio Reference Monitor Stands from Ultimate Support provides unparalleled strength and innovation for home, project, and professional use. The MS-100 is a 38.5” tall monitor stand with each one featuring three internal channels. Also, available in pairs, these monitor stands are an excellent and professional solution for your studio needs.
- Easily adjust the tilt and angle of your studio monitors
- 5” tall monitor stand
- The column made from rugged 6000-series aluminum
- Wobble-free contracts with die-cast aluminum base and rubber feet.
- Three Internal channels for cable and weight management.
- Because it is built from the highest quality material, MS-100B MS Series both form and fashion for your studio monitor stand needs.
- Also, each stand has a load capacity of 75 pounds that can accommodate a wide range of monitor speakers.
- Furthermore, the third channel fills with sand or shot which provides the much-needed stability and support for a monitor stand.
- Two of the stands are used for power cables and routing audio for an organized look.
- The Ultimate Support MS-100 offers a limited lifetime warranty to its buyers.
- The top mount of the stand is a bit heavy making it slightly difficult to adjust the height.
2 Ultimate Support MS-90/45B MS Series Professional Column Studio Monitor Stand
Ultimate Support MS-90/45B MS Series monitor stand comes with its unique feature of sonic isolation and decoupling pads. Also,four non-marring sound decoupling pads help in stabilizing monitors of varying sizes. These stands consist of three channels for cable and weight management.
The MS Series Professional Column studio monitor stands are made from the highest quality materials. Because they are backed with an award-winning design, these materials ensure to marry both form and fashion. Furthermore, bring home the new MS-90 and discover what you’ve been missing out all this while.
- Available in 36″ or 45″ heights
- Sonic Isolation and Decoupling
- Made of rugged 6000-series aluminum
- Three internal channels for cable placements
- Hollow stands for filling with shot or sand to increase stability.
- Ultimate Support Design
- Available in: 36” or 45”
- Item Weight: 14.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 6 x 46 inches
- Decoupling pads for stabilizing varied sized monitors.
- Four stage Decoupling
- Separate chambers for the power cable, audio cable.
- Additional stability with the large center chamber to fill ballast of your choice.
- Aluminum shields cover the cables deflecting noise and interference.
- Available in different colors.
- Ultimate Support Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Doesn’t come with adjustable angle and tilt facility.
3 2300 Heavy Duty Speaker Stand With Easy Adjustable Features
The 21300 Heavy Duty Speaker Stand provides an attractive and great range of features to ease your professional work. Also , these Heavy Duty Steel Speaker Stands are portable and are excellent for mounting heavyweight speakers. Furthermore, these speaker stands come with infinite variable height adjustment facility with a hand crank and push-button mechanism to prevent uncontrolled reverse slipping motion.
- Wide height adjustment range with a hand crank
- Push button system available with a locking screw
- Tripod style base with Zinc die-cast clamps
- 35mm extension tube diameter with steel body
- Tube legs with double cross-braces for support.
- Rod Combination with a two-piece folding design.
- 21300 Heavy Duty Speaker comes with heavy-duty steel construction for easy load bearing capacity up to 100lbs.
- 35mm tube diameter with a hand-crank height adjustment mechanism that can adjust between 4.54 to 7.15 feet.
- Easy mounting and height adjustment for speakers or lighting truss those are available with integrated M10 thread connection.
- Locking push button mechanism with zinc die-cast for maximum stability and support.
- The large surface area of the base providing maximum support.
- First choice of professionals worldwide.
- 21300 Heavy Duty Speaker Stands are hefty as compared to the other available products.
- Limited lifetime warranty to its buyers.
4 DRPRO SMS1BK Studio Monitor Stand
If you are searching for a stylish wood finish monitor base, then DRPRO SMS1BK Studio Monitor Stand is the best choice for you. This stand provides a superlative ear placement level of a compact studio speaker.
The central steel body of the monitor stand is hollow and gasket sealed. This feature facilitates for the additional choice of ballasts to keep the best weight carrying capacity.
For additional stability and support, this monitor base stand comes with carpet spikes and vinyl glides. DRPRO SMS1BK Studio Monitor Stand is best for studios with hard floors. The kit also comes with adhesive cable clips which allow neat cable management.
- Stylish and classy wood grain finish adding looks to your home as well as the professional studio.
- 36” monitor stand with optimal ear placement of a near field studio speaker.
- Levelling carpet spikes and vinyl glide for better stability.
- Gasket sealed steel pillars
- Item Dimensions : 36.1 x 11.6 x 5.5 in
- Item Weight: 35.3 lbs
- Stylish, stable and space saving
- Removes interference from resonant surfaces
- Added stability with carpet spikes and vinyl glides
- Cable clips for easy and neat wire management
- Ideal for studios with hard floors.
- Nicely weighted with an inner cavity for sand or shots.
- Lacks stability
- Not suitable for carpet floors
5 Pangea Audio DS400 Speaker Stands
Pangea Audio’s new DS400 speaker stand uses rigid support piers to provide an incredibly solid and ultra-strong base for compact monitors and other bookshelf-type speakers.
These speakers like always provide maximum performance for a remarkably low cost. It is almost impossible to get a stand that competes with the DS400’s combination of quality and performance.
Steel body heavy duty speaker stand with four support piers provides maximum support to large speakers. For additional stability, these come with adjustable carpet-piercing bottom spikes.
- Heavy duty all steel speaker stand
- Four rectangular support piers for stability
- 6″ by 8.5″ steel top plate for speaker base
- Extra heavy duty 9.75″ by 12″ bottom plate with carpet piercing spikes
- Large diameter metallic bolts for base
- Rubberized top pads for speaker isolation
- Compatible with a wide range of speakers
- Better acoustic property
- Greater stability
- Steel body provides better image focus, reducing mid-range coloration and tightening the bass
- Non-round steel piers to carry an untold number of tons
- Rock Solid support for all types of loudspeakers
- Available in three heights as per the requirement
- Extra heavy duty, 3mm-thick, 9.75″ by 12″ bottom plate increase the strength of this rigid stand.
- Pangea Audio DS400 Speaker stands are not suitable for wooden floors
6 Definitive Technology ProStand 600/800 Floor Stands
You can place your ProMonitor 600 and 800 speakers at a desirable height with the Definitive Technology’s ProStand. This particular pair of speaker stands come with both rubber glides for your hardwood floors and spikes for the carpeted floors. The best part is you can keep your speakers anywhere in your home with ease. The smooth all-metal construction keeps it sturdy and steady for heavy bass lovers.
ProStand 600 and 890 are designed to place tweeters right at optimal sitting ear level. These speaker stands are highly stable, unobtrusive, and easy to assemble.
- Heavy-duty high tensile metal construction.
- Designed to place tweeters right at sitting ear level
- Perfect ProMonitor-level imaging
- Dynamic sound staging
- ProStand 600/800 comes with a hidden wire guide inside its tube for a more professional look
- Product Dimensions :2.9 x 10.5 x 33.3 inches
- Matched speaker stand for ProMonitor 600 and ProMonitor 800
- Solid all steel body construction
- Extra top plate to accommodate small loudspeakers equipped with a bottom 1/4 20 thread
- Comes with rubber glides for hardwood floors.
- Includes four spikes for carpet floors
- The hollow post helps to disguise wire clutter and neat assembly.
- Easy installation
- Insufficient height
- Limited lifetime warranty to its buyers.
7 SMS6000-P Studio Monitor Stands (Pair)
This On-Stage SMS6000-P is a monitor stand that is designed particularly for your project, home, or recording studio. It is perfect to place it anywhere you require including having tight space needs. The height is adjustable for sitting or standing and can be locked using a security pin.
There are three adjustable leveling spikes at the bottom of its base that keeps this stand on a carpeted surface. The complete stand can be broken down into three pieces for travel and easy storage. It has sturdy metal shelves together with rubberized, soft, and vibrating-reducing pads.
- Attractive design and cable management
- Weight capacity 90lbs
- Arc-welded and steel construction
- Triangular metal base together with adjustable leveling spikes
- Sturdy and large metal platform with rubberized and soft padding that reduces vibration
- Platform size with 9-1/2″ square with 1 mm non-slip pad thickness
- Five locking adjustment positions for height: 36″, 40″, 44″ and 48″ and 54″
- It is lightweight and capable of offering support for up to 90 pounds.
- The whole monitor stands divided into three pieces.
- It has leveling floor spikes that are useful on an uneven floor surface.
- It can be adjusted to several height positions from 36” to 54”.
- Easy to assemble and easy to use
- Strong and durable
- This studio monitor stand from On-Stage is not suited for very large monitors
- The quality of the product is marginal.
8 Gator Speaker Stand GFW-SPK-2000
Gator Speaker Stand GFW-SPK-2000 put the speakers where they perform the best- at head level. It is made of lightweight aluminum and is durable, strong, and easy to set up and carry.
It features a rubberized soft knob to adjust the stand of the speaker to a preferred height. Another rubberized soft knob can tighten the tripod legs or loosen the legs. Its weight capacity is 60 lbs and has a dual inner tube whose diameters are 35 mm and 38 mm.
This stand is suitable for live bands, DJ’s and PA systems. Its lightweight construction provides great stability.
- Aluminum speaker stand is lightweight with a maximum height of 81 inches
- Removable ref safety trim help in avoiding trip hazards
- Minimum and maximum height is 48/51 inches
- Weight capacity-60 lbs can handle most PA speakers
- Dual inner diameter tube- 35 mm and 38 mm
- It is sturdy and solid but lightweight
- Works great for home use
- Rubberized knobs and so are easily adjustable
- Removable red safety markers for dim light venues
- Height can be easily adjusted from 48” to 81”. They weigh just 6 lbs and thus are highly versatile stands.
- 3-year warranty on manufacturing defects in materials and craftsmanship.
- It is adaptable and affordable
- Warranty is limited to the manufacturing defects and does include damages due to other reasons.
- This Studio Monitor Stand from Gator works well- but leans a bit.
9 Sanus Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
According to its name, SANUS studio speaker stand provides complete adjustability. It provides 13” of height adjustment allowing you to position your speakers easily at optimal listening height. The Sanus Adjustable Height Speaker Stand is performance and durability designed with a solid steel base and heavy steel pillars.
Its streamlined construction with black powder finish adds to its sleek look. The speaker stand can balance an optimum sound and thus gives a notable difference.
This Speaker Stand provides a great entertainment experience and ideal for home theaters, ambient listening, and stereo pairing. The speaker stands are tested safely and have a 5-year warranty period.
- Adjustable height from 28” to 38”
- Offers support to satellite speakers till 3.5lbs
- The package includes the keyhole adapter, top plate, and L-shaped brackets.
- Heavy-gauge steel column having a built-in wire
- 5- year warranty from its manufacturer
- It is best for home studios, satellite and bookshelf speakers
- Highly durable and solid performance
- Fits most of the small speakers
- Easily adjustable from 26’’ to 39’’
- Includes all necessary mounting and assembly hardware.
- Has carpet secure pins, and rubber feet for durability
- The installation process is easy and takes just a few minutes
- Integrated wire channel
- Some users say that it is not compatible with a few speakers.
- Although the performance is satisfactory, it fails to deliver as good as the other competitors.
10 Atlantic Adjustable Height Speaker Stands
This Atlantic Adjustable Speak Stand offers a place for the speakers to become elevated so that audio can project more effectively. They add style to your living room, bedroom, den, or any other space.
The wall mount of this adjustable speaker stand can is adjustable by 45 degrees, and you can position the speakers per requirements. They can be put together easily and offer a lot of enjoyment as a part of a home entertainment system.
The stands provide support to speakers weighing up to 20lbs. Because of their high-quality construction, these monitor stands provide stable support and are quite strong.
- Steel tube construction
- Non-marring spikes
- Black carbon fiber and black metallic base
- Include two sets of speaker stands
- Wire management accessible hole
- 45-degree adjustable mount
- Easy assembling with durable construction
- Customizable height range from 27’’-48’’
- No cords or cable management
- Heavy-duty quality
- Aluminum construction offers durability and stability
- Very robust and sturdy
- Limited speaker compatibility
- Its performance is not very high. It works well for the small speakers but nor great for the larger ones.
- The base of this speaker stand is not very stable.
- The mounting of speakers is a little complicated.
Studio Monitor Stand Buying Guide
With the relatively wide variety of options available in the market, purchasing the most appropriate monitor stand can be quite a complicated task. So, what should you look out for when purchasing a monitor stand? We have the answer to your question.
Consider both the upper and the lower bases when assessing the stability of a studio monitor stand. While lightweight tripod stands are quite stable, they are inappropriate for studios having a space crunch.
Many stands have rubber feet and leveling carpet spikes making them suitable for both hard and carpeted floor surfaces. In turn, studios with a large inner cavity not only enhance the sound quality but also add to the stability of the ensemble.
Studio Monitor Stands with wheels and locking facility help in the correct positioning of the speakers. However, The size of the upper plate also plays a crucial role. The stand can cope with the weight of the monitor, but if the upper plate is too big, it will make the stand unstable and wobbly.
Do you need to adjust the height of your monitor stands quite frequently for listening? Then you should opt for the heavy-duty stands which are very adaptable height-wise and ensure the best sound.
First of all, you need to figure out the ideal tweeter height where you want to place your monitors. Then, keep in mind that the height of the tweeter needs to be on par with your ears. Finally, the correct height adjustment will give you the best listening experience.
One of the primary functions of your studio monitor stand should be to provide you a more accurate and cleaner sound.
Because of this, many studio monitor stands feature hollow central columns allowing you to fill it with the best ballast. Furthermore, your ballast choice and the type of configuration you use ensures superior sound decoupling similar to rubber feet and foam isolation pads.
The Ultimate Support MS-100B boasts of featuring four decoupling points for clean and accurate sound.
Prices for studio monitor stands range from a few hundred dollars up to thousands. Furthermore, the price varies depending on the features offered like height, adjustability, portability, sound decoupling, and finishes.
For new musicians, it is best to experiment with the cheaper models to get the true feel of different monitor bases. However, a low price does not indicate that the product has to be of cheap quality. Due to this, some economical studio monitors are of good quality construction and are extremely durable.
Do you require a more portable traveling studio? Then you must go for the Ultimate Support JS-MS70 Music Monitor Stands which will allow you to pack your accessories quickly and transport it to another location.
So, you need to try to avoid the heavier stands which make transportation difficult. Also, keep in mind that the laminate finishes are more vulnerable to scratches, chips and other damage during traveling.
What Should Be Your Final Call?
The best studio monitor stand should be the one which meets the needs of the customers to the best possible extent. Because of this, you must take into account factors like affordability, size, weight, and space availability to help you take the right decision.
Do you want to maintain a strict studio-type environment or do you want it to blend with the general living environment? Due to this, there is an option to all your preferences.