Top 10 Rated 6 string bass guitar in 2021 Comparison table
- Fast, slim Maple neck
- Compact, light-weight Body
- Dynamic P & J pickups
- Active Phat II EQ adds additional low-end power
- Fretless 6 string electric bass
- maple neck & composite ebony fingerboard * Millettia Laurentii+Okoume body,
- a truss rod, two strap hangers, side makers on
- 2 volume & 3 tone controls, * soap bar *2 pick-up, inlay on fingerboard
- overall length is 44", the scale length is 35 1/2" and, the nut width is 2 1/8"
- The ESP LTD B206SM STBLKS has an Ash Body with Spalted Maple Top, and a 5 piece Maple/Walnut Neck
- This bass comes equipped with an LTD DB-6 Bridge
- It has a Rosewood Fingerboard with a Bolt-On Neck and a 34" Scale, with 24 Extra Jumbo Frets and a Thin-U Neck Shape
- The pickups are ESP Designed with 3 Band EQ
- Nut Type:Molded
- Dragoumis, Petros (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 163 Pages - 11/05/2018 (Publication Date) - Odeion Books (Publisher)
- Audio CD – Audiobook
- Jim Hagerty (Author)
- 12/01/2021 (Publication Date) - Buddytone (Publisher)
- Taylor, Benjamin M. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 76 Pages - 11/13/2016 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
- 100% designed by Fender
- Inspired by original Bass VI models
- Fender-Designed alnico pickups
- Vintage-tinted gloss neck finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
- 6-string version of D'Addario's best selling bass guitar set
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for a distinctive bright tone with clear fundamentals
- Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches
- String Gauges: Wound .032, .045, .065, .080, .100,.130
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- Includes a Gig Bag and Stand!
- Compact, contoured body and slim neck profile give you amazing playing comfort and speed
- Mahogany body maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
- DXH-6N neck and DXH-6B bridge pickups serve up classic fat, punchy tone
- Phat II EQ with active bass boost
- Holds 6 guitars vertically side by side
- Heirloom quality hardwood construction with high density rubber to protect your guitar's finish. String Swing's proprietary rubber padding has been trusted by musicians for over 30 years and proven by long term contact with millions of guitars
- The String Swing Side-Loading Inline Guitar Rack, is an easy-to-use, side-loading guitar rack that safely holds up to 6 guitars
- Folds for easy transport when not doing its job on the stage, studio, or in your playroom
- Easy assembly with only a screwdriver. Made in the USA
Our Best Choice: D’Addario EPS170-6 6-String ProSteels Bass Guitar Strings, Light, 32|130, Long Scale
From the manufacturer
Players Circle is D’Addario’s rewards program that allows you to get free gear & merchandise rewards. Signing up allows you chances to win instruments, equipment, and other exclusive prize.
Playback is D’Addario’s industry-wide string recycling program. Did you know that musical instrument strings are not recycled through municipal recycling programs? Recycle your strings through Players Circle using the free shipping label in your profile.
D’Addario XL Electric Bass Strings
XL Electric Bass Strings are precision-wound on D’Addario’s own digitally-controlled machines, ensuring each string has excellent intonation, clear fundamentals, and unparalleled consistency. With a variety of options in materials, gauges, and set sizes, D’Addario makes a bass string suitable for any playing style.
The selection of XL electric bass strings include:
XL Nickel Wound
XL Coated Nickel
XL Half Rounds
XL Nylon Tapewound
XL Prosteels – Super Bright, High Output
ProSteels are D’Addario’s brightest, punchiest bass strings. Stainless steel wrap wire delivers a harmonically rich, brilliant high-end coupled with deep, tight lows that work in tandem to create the coveted “Piano tone” that bass players crave. Great for articulate fingering and aggressive picking, ProSteels deliver the extra edge and punch you need to cut through the mix.
XL Nickel Wound – Bright, Perfect for Every Playing Style
D’Addario XL Nickel Wound electric bass strings are hailed as “The Player’s Choice” amongst bass players of all genres and styles. All XL bass strings are precision wound on our state-of-the-art, digitally-controlled machines, ensuring each string has excellent intonation, clear fundamentals, and unparalleled consistency. Each string is wound with a nickel plated steel wrap wire known for distinctive bright tone with high magnetic output, delivering a universally appealing and versatile tone for all playing styles.
XL Coated Nickel – Bright, Coated for Long Lasting Tone & Lifespan
D’Addario EXP Coated Nickel strings are full-sounding, long-lasting strings that are designed to endure. EXP coated bass strings start with high quality nickel plated steel wrap wire, micro-coated for enhanced corrosion resistance and extended lifespan. This coated wire is wound over a hex-shaped, high carbon steel core, delivering the tone and sustain that our uncoated XL bass strings are known for.
XL Half Rounds – Smooth Feel Without Compromising Bright Tone
D’Addario Half Round bass strings are wound with pure nickel, then precision ground, leaving the outer surface smooth and semi-flat while retaining the flexibility of round wound strings. D’Addario’s exclusive heat treating process ensures that Half Rounds retain their round wound brightness and sustain.
XL Chromes – Flatwound, Deep and Rich Tone
D’Addario Chromes Bass strings are wound with flattened stainless steel ribbon wire that is polished to an incredibly smooth surface. Delivering a distinctive damped but tone-rich sound that only flat winding can produce, D’Addario Chromes are the world’s most popular flat wound strings for electric bass.
XL Nylon Tapewound – Tapewound, Deep Tone & Smooth Feel
Designed to produce a deep, warm tone with smooth feel, D’Addario Tapewound Bass strings are wound using a flattened black nylon that is polished to a smooth finish. These long-lasting, well-balanced strings are expertly engineered to provide optimal tension and are gauged to fit properly on standard bass saddles and nuts. Tapewounds may be used on fretted or fretless basses and deliver a vintage tone ranging from the thump of an upright bass to the focused depth of traditional flatwound strings.
Wrap Wire Alloy
Nickel Plated Steel
Coated Nickel Plated Steel
Flattened Stainless Steel
Flattened Black Nylon
D’Addario’s brightest and most magnetic bass strings offering harmonically rich, deep and penetrating tone
Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches
Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
String Gauges: Wound .032, .045, .065, .080, .100